Monday, August 29, 2011

Last 2 weeks in Florida

I never thought I would be writing a blog, well a blog that's not sports related. Here goes nothing...

It's been a crazy few months to say the least. I've been frantically trying to get a lot of things done before I start my drive by myself up to VA. I'm sure it's going to be the most boring, longest drive ever, but I know it's going to be worth it. I have been packing, trashing, and selling my things so I can fit everything in a 6'x12' trailer. I worry that everything won't fit, but as long as the important things make it, that's all that matters.

The biggest worry over the last few months has been whether I can get a good job. I've been trying to get a government job, since I figured they wouldn't mind passing out a few hundred grand my way, right? I guess it's harder than I thought to get clearance and finding an open position. I settled for the next best thing, a job that I actually have experience and have been doing since college. I think it's a great opportunity and I hope there's a future there for me. I have to start with the second shift, which isn't the ideal time slot because I won't see Kat as much, but I have a feeling I won't be working that shift too long. I'm a little nervous about starting a new job, but who wouldn't be?

I've been the most excited about living in a towers apartment in Arlington. We have a lot of ideas for how we want our place set up, but it's going to take some time, since we don't have a lot of things to decorate. The main thing will be having our own place... all the material things really don't matter. 

There's so many things we want to do, but first things first... I have two weeks left in Florida...



No comments:

Post a Comment